Digital Marketing Director
The Director of Marketing will work closely with and report to our Co-Founder and CEO. In this role you will have the chance to help build The Adventure Project's online profile and position ourselves as a leader in the nonprofit space.
This is an exciting opportunity to inspire an engaged, educated, and passionate audience. This pivotal role will lead the Adventure Project’s online fundraising and engagement efforts. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to lead our marketing and online fundraising strategies, as well as developing and finalizing our branding and voice.
- Creating annual and long-term goals and projections for lead generation, member recruitment and engagement, and fundraising targets and goals.
- Implementing creative advertising, social media, email, and print campaigns.
- Identify new acquisition channels for acquiring supporters, with a focus on growing and cultivating our monthly members.
- Building and leading a rockstar communications and marketing team.
- Establishing team and individual goals, set and manage marketing budgets, and monitor team performance. Share regular feedback with the team and conduct annual performance reviews, including salary adjustments and promotions.
- Hiring and managing consultants and/or agencies to execute campaigns in a cost-effective and sustainable way.
- Managing and reporting on the effectiveness of our giving channels, tweaking inputs and making recommendations.
In the first quarter, we expect you to:
- Audit our assets and identify opportunities to expand our funnels on our website, email and social channels
- Work with designer and team to overhaul and streamline our website UX.
- Work with consultants on strengthening our SEO and AdWords, reviewing and testing new ideas.
- Establish firm branding and messaging for the organization that can be shared internally and externally.
- Develop our annual marketing strategy, with benchmarks and goals for each of our giving channels.
- Launch a campaign with a focus on building our Collective Members (monthly giving).
- Manage all digital marketing channels (e.g. website, blogs, emails and social media) to ensure brand consistency.
- Develop specific campaigns to create and maintain high levels of customer interaction.
- Oversee our social media accounts.
- Manage and improve online content, considering SEO and Google Analytics.
- Forecast giving performance trends and act proactively to increase our market segment.
Goals / Success Metrics:
- Growing our monthly giving community to thousands of active and engaged members
- Drastically increase relevant website traffic and successfully convert visitors to get more involved.
You're Experienced: You thrive at the intersection of big-picture strategy and detail-oriented execution. You have experience growing an online movement and relish the opportunity to take our grassroots movement and give it wings.
You're Data-Driven: You like to take risks and try new things but also appreciate data and getting the basics right. You love testing and tweaking communications materials to see what works best.
You're Creative: You enjoy thinking creatively about how to build partnerships, target supporters and create content that engages and inspires people to join our movement.
You Get Things Done: You are entrepreneurial and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that feels more like a start-up than a traditional non-profit. No task is too big or too small. You follow-through, take initiative and get things done. You also value time and positive ROI; you can identify what should be outsourced, delegated or done in-house.
- 5 years experience with demonstrated excellence in digital fundraising and engagement.
- Experience with subscription-based business models, digital commerce and marketing KPIs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of existing digital strategies and tools including but not limited to SEM/SEO, display advertising, re-targeting, affiliate marketing, email marketing and acquisition, and both organic & paid social media. Google Analytics is a must.
- Proven ability to develop strategic and fundraising plans that get results through advertising, social media, email and print campaigns.
- Persuasive and passionate written communicator.
- Previous experience building and/or managing a team.
- Proven work experience as a Digital Marketing Director or related position.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function.
- Familiarity with web design (design and content development skills are a plus).
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
We create good jobs around the world, so we believe you should have a good job, too. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and skills.
- Full health care, dental and vision coverage
- Transportation stipend (monthly MTA metrocard)
- Flexible work hours and vacation time
- Matching 401K
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
We sit in two, private sun-filled suites within an incredible shared workspace (WeWork) in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Just one block from the York Street F stop, it’s an easy commute for those in Brooklyn and Manhattan, and within walking distance to some of our favorite restaurants. We’re dog-friendly, kid-friendly and greatly enjoy the free coffee and on-site barista.
Flex-time and Remote Options:
Flex-time and remote work locations are available options, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Flex-time could mean working some hours outside the traditional 9-5, or it can be a reduction of hours for an adjusted salary.